It doesn’t matter if it’s your first baby or if you already have experienced the birth of another child, the labor and birth process can be both a joyful time and an overwhelming time. At Spencer Hospital’s Birth Center, we want to help alleviate any fears and answer questions you may have about the upcoming birth of your baby.
By joining us for one of the 2 ½ hour sessions (included with your choice to deliver with us at Spencer Hospital Birth Center) our goal for you is that you will:
- Gain awareness in your body’s ability to give birth
- Ask questions so we can remove any myths that you might have about giving birth
- Learn about the birthing process
- The instructor will discuss pain management options with you that include: massage, relaxation, breathing techniques, hydrotherapy and medications
- You will tour the Birth Center and have the opportunity to ask questions regarding what some of their routine procedures might include. These might include questions about eating during labor, fetal monitoring and other questions you might have
Only expectant moms need to register. You do not need to register your companion - thank you!