Community and Public Health
Community Health Services encompasses a myriad of services, all focused on keeping people healthy and meeting their needs within the community. The Community Health Services office is located on the second floor on the Spencer Medical Arts Building, just south of Spencer Hospital. Please contact Community Health at (712) 264-8300 ext. 6380 for any of the services listed below and following the links to learn more about each service area.
- Home Health Services – Home care services are provided to home-bound clients including skilled nursing care and homemaker services.
- Hospice of Spencer Hospital – Hospice provides comprehensive, compassionate care for anyone whose health condition or advancing illness has progressed to a stage when aggressive treatment is no longer the best option.
- Clay County Public Health – A variety of services are provided through public health, all focused on promoting healthy behaviors, as well as protecting and improving the health of Clay County residents. wellness, prevention and preparation to respond and manage health emergencies. Services include pediatric and adult immunization programs. Services available include
- Best Care for Better Babies – A new baby can be a big adjustment! Nurses are available for home visits to help answer questions about feedings, growth and development.
- Childhood Immunization Clinic – Immunization clinics are offered weekly for children 6 weeks of age through age 18.
- Blood Pressure Clinic – Knowing your blood pressure and actively managing it is one of the keys to good health. A free blood pressure screening is offered weekly.
- Wound, Ostomy & Continence Care – Specialized nursing care is provided for patients coping with wounds which are difficult to heal and also aid patients