Clay County Public Health works in partnership with agencies in Clay County and the Iowa Department of Public Health to promote and protect the health of Clay County residents. Spencer Hospital has served as the administrator for Clay County Public Health since the 1980s. Clay County Public Health is also focused on wellness and prevention.
- Blood Pressure Screenings
- Childhood Lead Poison Prevention and Education
- Community Health Needs Assessment and Planning
- Influenza Vaccination Clinics
- Child Safety Seat Checks
- Communicable Disease Surveillance and Follow-Up
- Investigation of Outbreak Illnesses
- Public Health Education & Prevention Awareness
- Developing Emergency Response Plans
- Emergency Preparedness and Response
Free Blood Pressure Monitor Check-Out
Clay County Public Health has partnered with Spencer Public Library to provide blood pressure monitor kits to the public. These monitors will be available to check-out for a 2 week period with a library card, making it easier for area residents to check their blood pressure at home. Spencer Public Library is located at 21 E 3rd St. Spencer, IA 51301. For more information, please call Spencer Public Library at (712) 580-7290 or Clay County Public Health at (712) 264-6380.