- Part I – Online Essentials Course: Successfully complete the ACLS Instructor Essentials online module and print the completion certificate. The essential course can be purchased by registering at www.onlineaha.org and clicking on the course catalog.
- Part 2 - ACLS Instructor Course: Upon completion of Part 1, present the Instructor Essentials Certificate and attend the classroom ACLS Instructor Course.
- Part 3 – Monitoring: Upon the completion of the ACLS Instructor Course, monitoring must be completed before instructors can teach independently. Monitoring needs to be completed within 6 months from the completion of the Instructor course. This can be scheduled with the Training Center you are aligning with.
Pre-registration is requested two weeks prior to class. To register, please call 264-6142, or send registration form to the Human Resource Development department. Pre-course preparation is mandatory for this course, no drop-in registration is permitted.
Spencer Hospital employees: No registration fee for employees of Spencer Hospital who have HRD Director approval to attend the course;
Non-employees of Spencer Hospital & Spencer Hospital employees without HRD Director approval to attend $250. Fee includes: ACLS Instructor Manual. For those that have access to the required instructor manual: $190. Fee does not include: The ACLS Instructor Essentials course, this can be purchased online directly.
- Be accepted by an AHA Training Center (TC) before enrolling in an Instructor Course, have completed an Instructor Candidate Application, and have on file with the accepting Training Center
- Have current AHA provider status in the discipline for the Instructor Course, supply copy of front and back of their provider card, and be proficient in all the skills of that discipline.
- Align on the AHA Instructor Network and download the free version of the ACLS Instructor Candidate Workbook
- Willingness to teach a minimum of four AHA ACLS courses in a two year period.
Make checks payable to: Spencer Hospital Send to: Human Resources Development Spencer Hospital 1200 First Ave. East Spencer, IA 51301 Registration Phone # - 712-264-6142 Fax # - 712-264-8529 E-mail – email@example.com