All the forms required to complete a BLS Course are provided below for your records.
Please return the following completed course paperwork to SHTC in order for us to issue AHA cards:
- Completed Course Roster
- Course Agenda
- Original Course Evaluations
- Payment for your AHA course completion cards
We can bill an organization, not an individual, if provided with the proper contact information on the course roster.
Those renewing their BLS (Heartcode on-line Part 1) can access it following these instructions:
Link: HCP On-line Access Instructions
This program reviews how to recognize and respond to life-threatening emergencies, such as cardiac arrest, respiratory arrest, and foreign-body airway obstruction. Including skills for CPR for victims of all ages (including ventilation with barrier devices & bag-mask devices), use of an automated external defibrillator (AED) & relief of foreign-body airway obstruction.
RN’s, LPN’s, EMT’s, RT’s & other Licensed & Certified Healthcare professionals requiring BLS certification for their work
Upon completion of this program, the participant will be able to:
Demonstrate the following skills on an adult & infant manikin:
- Rescue breathing using mouth-to-barrier device ventilation
- One & two rescuer CPR
- Use of an AED
To successfully complete this program & receive American Heart Association BLS Provider Certification you must complete these items, in this order:
- Complete HeartCode® BLS Online Portion (AHA 15-1400 / 2015 Guidelines).
- Print out Part I (online learning) certificate showing completion (bring that with you to the skills evaluation).
- Demonstrate BLS CPR skills according to the AHA standards.
No registration fee for employees of Spencer Hospital;
- Part I – Online Course: Log onto the American Heart Association website at www.onlineaha.org in the Find a Course box, select the drop down option: BLS – Basic Life Support / Heartcode BLS and purchase the code via credit card online payment. Cost is $28.50
- Part II - Skills Evaluation: Register for a skills evaluation. Cost is $35 (make checks payable to Spencer Hospital. This includes the AHA certification card.) AHA Textbooks can be purchased for an additional fee of $20
Continuing Education Credit
No continuing education credits will be issued for Basic Life Support certification