April is National Donate Life Month
National Donate Life Month is celebrated every April to educate and encourage Americans to register as donors and consider living donation, as well as to celebrate those who have saved and healed lives through the gift of donation.
Did you know?
- More than 165 million people are registered organ, eye, and tissue donors.
- More than 100,000 people are waiting for lifesaving organ transplants.
- More than 1,900 children under the age of 18 are on the national transplant waiting list.
- More than 1,700 children were saved by the generosity of donors in 2020.
- More than 39,000 organ transplants from 18,300 donors brought new life to patients and their families in 2020.
- More than 66,000 corneas were provided for sight restoring transplants in 2020.
- More than 2.5 million tissue transplants heal lives each year.
Why register to be a donor?
You can save up to 8 lives and heal the lives of more than 75 people. Your registration also relieves your family of the burden of making the decision at a time of sadness and grief.
To learn more and register to be a donor, visit: