At Spencer Hospital’s 15-bed Behavioral Health Center, we believe each person is a unique individual worthy of respect and dignity. Our mission is to provide a safe environment, medication treatment, and support services while assisting the patient in recovery.
When you or a loved one needs inpatient treatment Spencer Hospital’s Behavioral Health Services has an adult inpatient unit designed for adults 18 years and older with an acute psychiatric diagnosis. The adult inpatient unit provides 24/7 supportive and experienced nursing care in a comfortable, safe and secure environment so you or your loved one can focus on healing.
We provide care for a full range of psychiatric disorders, including:
- Anxiety disorders
- Bipolar disorders
- Major depressive disorders
- Mood disorders
- Schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorder
- Substance use disorders (with a primary mental illness)
Our Multidisciplinary Behavioral Health Team
- A psychiatrist focused on providing treatment specific to your mental illness
- Nurses who specialized in understanding mental illness and the patients’ needs and treatment plan
- Triage Nurses who provide crisis assessment in the Emergency Department for patients experiencing acute mental health symptoms.
- Behavioral Health Techs who lead the activities and educational groups on the unit daily
- Social worker who assists with treatment planning, assist patients and families access community resources, and also leads group therapy with patients
- Occupational Therapists are specially trained to assist with coping skills for stressors in daily living
- Dietitians who assist with nutritional needs and provide an educational group on healthy eating
Staying connected with family and friends is an important part of recovery; therefore, we encourage visitors and telephone calls throughout your stay. Visitors are limited to 2-3 guests at a time. The psychiatrist will determine when visitors may need to be limited or if minor visitors are appropriate.
Visitation and Telephone hours are:
Monday through Friday: 3:30-8 pm
Weekends & Holidays: 1-8 pm
Meet Our Provider