If you’ve had an injury, surgery or health event such as a stroke or heart attack illness, rehabilitative services are designed to help you achieve optimal recovery. Also, many rehab services are beneficial in helping keep you healthy. Let our team work with you to achieve your health goals.
Within our Rehabilitative Services suite - located on the first floor directly off the main lobby, just past the elevators - you’ll find physical, occupational and speech therapy services and also our aquatic therapy pool. Outpatient services are provided in this location; however, our professionals also work with inpatients within the hospital and some of our therapists provide services at Milford Family Care and Sioux Rapids Family Care, and contracted services with several area care facilities.
Respiratory Therapy Services are also located on first floor. Enter the main lobby and once past the elevators, turn to the hallway to your left, and Respiratory Services is the first suite on your left. Following the link to learn more about Respiratory Care.
Cardiac & Pulmonary Rehabilitative Services are located on the lower level of Spencer Hospital within the hospital’s Wellness Center. To reach this gym area, please use entrance B next to the Valet Station. An elevator and stairs are located directly across from this entrance. Take that elevator or stairs to the lower level, and the Cardio-Pulmonary gym will be around the corner to your right. Follow this link to learn more about Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehab Services.
Follow the links to learn more about each of our Rehabilitative Services:
- Physical Therapy: Physical Therapists are movement experts who identify, diagnose, and treat movement problems. By working collaboratively with their patients and clients, Physical Therapists develop a comprehensive treatment plan based on individual goals and needs. Physical Therapy is a highly effective treatment for spine, joint, and muscle pain, stroke, dizziness, poor balance, weakness, and post-surgical rehabilitation. In some cases, Physical Therapy can also be a safe and effective alternative for surgery or medications.
- Occupational Therapy: Occupational Therapists are experts in addressing the essential and everyday tasks of living. By considering the whole person, Occupational Therapy can improve and restore physical, mental, and emotional function after an injury, surgery, illness, or hospitalization. Spencer Hospital’s Occupational Therapy also includes a Certified Hand Therapist, for those requiring specialized care of the fingers, hand, wrist, and elbow.
- Speech Therapy: Speech Language Pathologists prevent, assess, diagnose, and treat speech, language, communication, cognitive, and swallowing disorders in adults and children. Following stroke, brain and spinal cord injury, cancer of the head and neck, or due to a developmental disorder or delay, treatment plans designed by Speech Language Pathologists are effective for restoring the essential life functions of communication and eating.
- Women's Physical Therapy: Spencer Hospital’s Rehab Services team includes physical therapists who have specialized training in providing therapy to address women’s health issues, including incontinence, pelvic plan and lower back pain.
- Pediatric Therapy: Each type of therapy – speech, OT and PT – may work with pediatric patients to help them achieve their maximum potential. Learn more about our CAMPS rehab program.
- Aqua Therapy: Warm water therapy is beneficial for many patients due to the buoyancy, resistance, and pressure provided by the water. Also, the warmth helps ease joint pain and stiffness.