Breathe easier with Respiratory Care Services! Respiratory diseases or ailments are one of the most common causes for hospitalization. Spencer Hospital’s Respiratory Therapy professionals play a significant role in aiding and treating all range of patients.
What is Respiratory Care?
Respiratory care services specialize in assisting patients to obtain optimal cardiopulmonary function.
Respiratory therapy professionals care for patients with breathing problems, including:
- COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- CHF (congestive heart failure)
The Spencer Hospital Respiratory Care team provides testing and treatment for all range of patients with pulmonary and cardiac diseases. Additional services include:
- Ventilator and BiPAP/CPAP management for all patients needing assistance with breathing
- Smoking cessation education along with metered dose inhaler (MDI) instructions
- Therapeutic programs include:
- Bronchodilator therapy
- Chest physiotherapy
- Pre-and post-surgical respiratory care and oxygen therapy
- Diagnostic services include:
- Complete pulmonary function testing
- 24- to 48-hour holter monitoring
- Cardiac stress testing
- Oxygen determination and titration
- Outpatient pentamidine nebulizer treatment
- Sleep evaluation screening
Respiratory Services also host routine outpatient clinics with visiting cardiology and pulmonology specialists.
All therapists are trained and certified Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Pediatric Advanced Life Support and Neonatal Resuscitation. The Respiratory Care team also responds to all cardiac arrests, rapid responses, and trauma teams in our hospital.
Contact Respiratory Therapy
The Respiratory Therapy department is located on the first floor of Spencer Hospital. Use the main entrance. Just passed the lobby, take the next corridor to the left (east). The Respiratory department is located immediately to the left. To reach RT by phone, call (712) 264-8300, extension 6191.